Should I upgrade 7029 and 3029 wiring on 1965 house?

was that a comment in favour or against the rewire based on a standard observation that it's old and will likely need replacing?

it's an observation, that unless you test it you are guessing. why commit to a rewire, unless it is, demonstrably so, necessary?

Sponsored Links
Well, got me quote last night.

For the items I had previously stated, using omega accessories, one weeks work - £2800.

Getting another quote just to compare.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

Fluff

The socket numbers are correct as well. There is only one socket in all bedrooms at the moment.

As John D has said one socket in the bedrooms is not going to be enough.

The amount of sockets I have in my house in the bedrooms at the moment are below, with the extra amount which will be fitted when I rewire the upstairs sockets (due to not enough points & the current circuit being poorly wired with lots of spurs, & immersion heater being supplied from socket circuit) :

Main bedroom: 2 Doubles at the moment 1 more being fitted

Bedroom 1: 3 Doubles at the moment 2 more being fitted

Bedroom 2: 1 Double at the moment 1 more being fitted

Bedroom 3: 6 Doubles at the moment 4 more being fitted

Loft: 3 Doubles will be fitted (For TV amps & Network Equipment)

The amount of sockets we have in the rest of the house are:

Landing: 1 Double

Hall: 2 Doubles & 2 FCUs for the shower room

Living Room: 3 Doubles

Dining Room: 3 Doubles & FCU for under stair light

Kitchen: 2 Doubles, 3 Singles, 1 Triple, 1 FCU for Cooker Hood, & 1 Single under the worktop for the Dishwasher switched from above the worktop.

Utility Room: when done will have 5 Doubles, & 2 Singles under the worktop switched from above the worktop.

Shed: 3 Doubles, & 1 Double Outside Socket.

Summer House: 4 Doubles, 1 Single, & 1 Double Outside Socket.

Sponsored Links
Bedroom 3: 6 Doubles at the moment 4 more being fitted

20 outlets? What the hell are you running from there?

2 printers, old BBC PC (5 Plugs), TV, Freeview, PS2, Dvd player, Dvd Recorder, VCR, Wireless Headphones, Hifi, Desktop PC & accessories, Network Server, Front outside socket, Cd clock radio, bedside lights, laptop, front door camera & modulater, chargers for Blackberry, work phone, ipod, etc.

And to cut back on the number of extention leads used, as at the moment 1 Double has TV extention lead in 1st outlet, & 2nd outlet has 4 way extention lead in it with camera & modulater, Front outside socket & PC extention lead plugged in to it. PC extention lead has Tower/ monitior, Mouse charger, speakers, scanner, desk lamp, injet printer, etc. plugged in.

A few of the outlets will not be used all of the time only at christmas for the decs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back