Do I need a cooker hood?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just has a total refurb of the kitchen, half the chimney breast has been knocked out to fit a Rangemaster Classic cooker into it. Because inside the chimney breast is such an awkward shape we are finding it realy difficult to get an extractor fan that will fit flush with the bottom of the chimney breast, above the cooker.
My question is do I need an extractor at all?
We have been using the cooker since Chrsitmas Day last year, and don't suffer from lingering smells or condensation....
Anybody tell me why I should have one fitted?

Sponsored Links
No forced extraction will lead to cooking smells throughout the house, grease stains on all your decorations/furnishings & severe condensation, particularly if the property has double glazing.

Forced extraction is not compulsory on kitchen refits but is a Building Regulations requirement if you provide a new kitchen where there wasn’t one before. Extraction up a chimney flue doesn’t usually work anyway (due to the air column) & probably won’t be acceptable by LABC. Any electrical modifications are also subject to Building Regs. & must be completed by a Part P registered electrician or have approval from your LABC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back