Do I need a fall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Well the weather is looking to be better next week and I'm on leave so planning on doing a bit more landscaping in the garden. I'm going to excavate the bottom part of the garden (bounded by the yellow line in the model). There is a clay paver path to be laid on top of sharp sand bedding layer and also 6mm gravel in the other areas with a stabilisation layer and 10-15mm bedding layer of sharp sand. I'm planning to use a 100mm MOT Type 1 subbase layer for the whole lot.

The question is should I put a fall on it or will it be OK level for drainage purposes?

Many thanks,

Ed

1713261382695.png

Sponsored Links
I would guess it depends on 2 things - how well the area under drained before, and what is going between the pavers, ie if it's sand that will aid draining. A small fall won't do any harm whilst you're at it and isn't hard to achieve.

I love the plans - can I ask how you did them? Is it free software?

Sponsored Links
I would guess it depends on 2 things - how well the area under drained before, and what is going between the pavers, ie if it's sand that will aid draining. A small fall won't do any harm whilst you're at it and isn't hard to achieve.

I love the plans - can I ask how you did them? Is it free software?
Ahh sorry I missed this. Yes it's Sketchup. It's free for the online version. You can buy other versions if you want to do more with it. This is fine for me though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back