do i need another inspection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a rented proberty just less then a year ago i had an electrical inspection carried out,, it recommended a few items in class 2,, one was to upgrade the consumer unit,, and the others were 6mmm earth bond to be 10mm and anothe Miner item,, i can get some of this paid on a grant , and i pay the rest,,, which is ok,, because its a grant another firm must do the work,,, the quot thay have sent me thay have calculated from the 1st report and at the bottom thay state there will be a extra charge for another check of the system ,,, is this necessary as im a were it needs a check every 5 or so years,, and if they Carrie out the work why do thay need to check there own work??? whats your veiws on this???

Sponsored Links
If the property is rented then I ( being a landlord of one property ) would suggest the landlord should be paying for the necessary up-grades / repairs.

The second check is sensible as the people doing the work need to know exactly what has to be done.

The work being done should be tested before its energised and an EIC or minor works issued as appropiate

Ideally the certs will say something along the lines of "remedial work to PIR no. xxxxxx, item no. xx: replace cracked socket outlet on circuit number xx, located in lounge to LHS of fire place"

and a covering letter will be attached, listing the cert(s) that are ennclosed, which item numbers they have addressed, and whether or not it may be read that the installation is in satisfactory condition

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back