Do I need guttering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a stone over frame house which has siding over the fascia. I have guttering over the front porch. Why do I need more? Cheryl

Sponsored Links
I guess because some houses have it and I don't want to spend the money if it's not necessary!!!!!

cherylthefirst said:
I have guttering over the front porch.
I give you a clue, no gutter on the front porch mean I will get wet when I come and see you ;)

Sponsored Links
You can come to see me through the front door as that's the only place I have guttering. Do you think I need more? Cheryl :D :D

assuming your porch is more than a few inches square youll have probably 100 times the volume falling on a small area as in your porch is say 2 ft per side collecting and falling off a thin edge
you may have problems like damp on the wall [or mud] where the water bounces off the ground

Guys, shall I have beef hotpot for dinner this evening or stick with fish and chips?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back