Do i need to be part p qualified

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to replace an existing power shower (8.5kw) like for like in a customers house do i need to be part p qualified to do this ??

Sponsored Links
No not if your not changing/upgrading wiring.
8.5 kw is an electric shower only not power shower.

No not if your not changing/upgrading wiring.
8.5 kw is an electric shower only not power shower.

I could be wrong, but I thought a bathroom was a special (?) location, an therefore ANY elec work is controlled?

Sponsored Links
thanks seco service there is so much red tap out there I get a little confused with what i can and can't do

p.s. i know its a instantaneous electric shower but many people refer to them as power showers . my apologies just having signing up tonight i didn't realize i was dealing with such experts and thank you once again I'm sure to be using this forum again :D

but I thought a bathroom was a special (?) location [/quote]

It is but it's not having a rewire, new circuit, or additions to existing circuit it's only a like for like replacement so not notifiable work.[/quote]

Okay, Seco, I can't argue, Im not part P!. I have obviously misunderstood.

We can't remember everything they chuck at us nowdays.
ok-wink.gif

PART P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back