Part P

DON'T YOU READ? They get a piece of paper, probably with a decorative border and maybe my name on it. What more could they want? Anyway you have no need to worry the regs don't apply in Vanuatu.

Sponsored Links
You'd be surprised at what regs apply in Vanuatu. :LOL:
My point is everybody's having a mumble and groan but that's it. Not getting together and giving a collective reply to the powers that be on any of these issues.
The public in the main are blissfully unaware of whats going to hit them.
Do you not think as costs go up and up it will only increase the instances of diy installs (and maybe disasters) and rather than cutting out the cowboys will actually increase there activities.

Hope it's a "pretty" decorative border, take there eyes off the bit in the middle.

Do you really think the deputy prime minister listens to anyone but his rear end? The government is constrained by EU directives, so they do as they're told. They were told to reduce waste, so they taxed land fill what's happened? there's loads more rubbish strewn around the countryside. You're right, there'll be more bodged jobs.

Sponsored Links
To do that, we need someone with exceptional drive and commitment. The PCG (professional contractors group) had a guy called Andy White who spotted something happening in the inland revenue legislation called IR35. It should have been thrown out, but got through on the nod, anyway, Andy managed to stirr up more than 10,000 people who now form an effective opposition to unwelcome changes. Unfortunately the general calibre of people in the IT and many other branches of industry is higher than building trades, and the money is loads more, and the opposition could be carried out while they were being paid by their "employers".

It will be VERY different and difficult to do the same, but PLEASE, make me a liar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back