Do I need to foil tape PIR joins before slip layer and screed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I've finished the pir insulation layers for my new solid floors. I've filled and foamed any gaps between joins between the pir sheets and against the walls. But now wondering if I should tape all joins before I put down my 500 gauge sheet to prevent the flow screed getting under? I will be laying ufh pipework on top of the slip layer which I believe is the correct order. The slip layer will cover the whole layer of insulation and flow up and over the upstands, hopefully tape it to the wall while screed is installed then later cut it back to floor level along with the upstands and dpm

I've not found anything definitive and my building control guy hasn't been specific other than referring to the installer for thr ufh, which is us as we're doing it all :)

Thanks

The order was Type1, Blinding sand, concrete, pir

Sponsored Links
I think you’ve got it under contol.
Yeh , do what you said.... tape up the sheet so it’s out the way . And just tidy up any internal /external corners with duct tape . Job done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back