do I need to replace my roof?

i have just googled redland 49,

just incase you are thinking of selling the property, be careful which tile you choose,

in my opinion, those tiles would upset the character of the house and possibly make it less desirable to potential buyers,

the choice is yours obviously.

i also agree with you that roofers are the worst for actually getting them to come round and do a repair. i have found the only way to get them round is to ask for a roof replacement then while they are there ask how much to repair

Sponsored Links
Tks. Just about all the houses on our road have new roof. All houses are semis.I'm assuming they are concrete. Yes that is why my husband would rather repair then replace. Tiles are not crumbling but hv moved about I think.
So Redland 49 would spoil the character of house bit not the street.
I'll take my time.

Has the adjoining property to you been reroofed yet?.....If it has, it would make sense obviously to use the same tile.
As for your tile choice, I'd look closely at the rest of the street to see what looks best.
One point only....your property seems to have lots of tile cuts around the dormer, valleys etc and the roofer would have to take care with his work to make sure the tiles are all stable. No one wants them to move again!
John :)

Sponsored Links
the adjoining semi has matching roof. It's Bn converted into flats. They hv had few problems in the past but doesn't seem bad. Semi next to us had one half new and old in the adjoining semi.
I've just looked at houses on our street on Google earth.clarity is amazing. Right mixed bunch of roofs. There are more original roofs left then I thought and you know they all look"elderly"just like mine. Makes me happy.
So valley it is.
Thank you I'll keep an eye on those cut tiles. In fact I know I will hv a good view from the dormer window so will b keeping an eye on the work. Hv looked at videos on Utube for valley repairs and replacement.
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back