do I need to use cistern support brackets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently completly gutted and refinished a lean to wash room and I am going to refit the old toilet, it is a low level cistern. When it was fitted before the cistern was simply screwed to the wall via the two holes in the back top corners of the ceramic. We have exactly the same set up at my work where the cistern is fixed in the same way but also someone has fitted two 2" general purpose corner fixing brackets underneath to support it. Is this required or are the cisterns more than solid enough with the two hole fixings in the ceramic?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it is close coupled? The cistern sits on the pan, this will only then need 2 large brass screws to fix it to the wall. (brass won't rust)
Make sure you use a new rubber doughnut between cistern and pan.

If its low level then two 'L' brackets should be fitted. However they should be out of sight ie the vertical part of the bracket should sit behind the cistern and the horizontal bit will be the part that the cistern sits on (you will be able to see this part of the bracket).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back