Do TRVs have to be fitted on Flow?

the best position for trv;s is back on the plumbers merchants shelves.

failing that danfoss (revolver) work well but they also have limitations.

how do i know ?. i am an end user who has suffered from incorrect fault finding from many an established gas trading company.

soon christmas.book your christmas partys now.

Sponsored Links
how do i know ?. i am an end user who has suffered from incorrect fault finding from many an established gas trading company.

So a balanced and Diverse experience then? :rolleyes:

TRVs are excellent in mine, and I have fitted, used and worked on far more than you have.

its all wrong you need to fit them like this like the rest of the world :p

trv gets less interference from rad and easy to control, no more back pain altering your trvs :p

View media item 36106

Thank you dan-robinson. well i have moved house many times due to my job and the first item i had upgraded was the h/hw system.

every house (except one) trvs were fitted as part of the job and although they are an easy way of turning off,up or down they also suffer from increased pump pressure noise at regular and random times.

the installers were called back several times on nearly all my previous properties and their advice was, there will be extra noise in the pipes at times.

the company involved in most of my jobs is a well known blue chip company with a lot of laptops and no knowledge.

i posted a video on youtube many years ago regarding the noise and a rep from a trv company contacted me,they visited and found their trvs have been fitted correctly but the rest of the system was not balanced including a bypass valve that was left in the same position as it it left their factory.

also lock shield valves were still on same setting as they left the factory.

20 minutes later he had it all sorted and just running one rad on a twelve rad system resulted in no pump noise.

i had to take early retirement at an early age due to the stress of the above. :D :D :D retired off at 49 full pensions.thank you ukba.

Sponsored Links
the company involved in most of my jobs is a well known blue chip company with a lot of laptops and no knowledge.

I posted a video on youtube many years ago regarding the noise and a rep from a trv company contacted me,they visited and found their trvs have been fitted correctly but the rest of the system was not balanced including a bypass valve that was left in the same position as it it left their factory.

also lock shield valves were still on same setting as they left the factory.

Very unfortunately the skill level of many in the heating industry is very poor.

Its not very surprising when BG dont have any specific educational requirements for those they take on.

Very unfortunately the skill level of many in the heating industry is very poor.

Its not very surprising when BG dont have any specific educational requirements for those they take on.

As much as I like having a go at BG, their engineers are probably some of the best trained in the country, out side of an old fashion apprenticeship.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back