Dodgy shed wiring?

And you can get male inlets with hinged covers if they are to go outside
Fair enough (something went wrong with your image), and I suppose it makes sense that they should exist - but, as I said, I've never seen one. In any event, as you go on to say ...
...and I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a trailing female connector without a cover... :oops:
I haven't seen one of those, either - which would make it rather difficult to connect anything to the former!

... and what about at the garage end - have you seen a male trailing connector with a cover? (I haven't).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
The correct bits would have cost no more.
In fact, as I implied, at the garage end he quite probably could have avoided all the cost of the ceeforms, since (without being sure what '16A arctic cable' means, size-wise) he may well have been able to get the cable directly into the BS1363 plug.

Kind Regards, John

So not one, but two widowmakers.

The correct bits would have cost no more.

no, I think what he has done is made a BS1361 -> male 16A IEC 60309 cable

Then used the Male 16A IEC 60309 -> Female 16A IEC 60309 pre-bought cable the wrong way round

and installed a female on the shed.

Sponsored Links
no, I think what he has done is made a BS1361 -> male 16A IEC 60309 cable ... Then used the Male 16A IEC 60309 -> Female 16A IEC 60309 pre-bought cable the wrong way round.
As I said, if the hinged cover indicates (as it usually would) the female connector, he appears to have got the ceeform genders the wrong way around at the garage end.

Kind Regards, John

and installed a female on the shed.
girl-smiles-shed-14352319.jpg

Speakercon - did you find that because you are registered there?

If so, you might like to ask what the genders are at the shed, and whether the electrician he consulted really did suggest that a widowmaker was the best thing to use....

No not registered, came across it looking for sheds! I'm wondering whether too in order to inform him of his impending doom. Looks like he only installed it in Feb too!

You can give them detailed instructions how to look at the seventh planet from the sun.

Yes, that's the one, although somehow it doesn't sound so funny now.

Why even bother using IEC 60309 sockets at all? It's not like he's taking it from a 16a supply

BS1363 - Trailing Lead - Masterseal JB = job done - although of course burying SWA is better, but if you're going to do it wrong, at least do it wrong properly!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back