Dodgy speed camera?

Are you able to purchase the picture in a variety of frames,sizes and finishes? :D

If it's anything like my other half's graduation photos the other week, the speeding fine would be cheaper! :eek:

ninebob, you probably aren't the only one who's been "caught" by this malfunctioning camera, so even if they do send you a ticket there will be enough people contesting their tickets for the same reason. Can't hurt to contact your local cop-shop, they'll probably know it's on the blink already. :D

Sponsored Links
Speeding or not, if you haven't heard anything within 14 days you should be ok. Clicky http://www.pepipoo.com/NIP.htm

A Notice of Intended Prosecution, referred to as a NIP, has to be sent to the Registered Keeper within 28 days of the offence. Then you can breathe easy. ;)

The NIP must be sent to the registered keeper within 14 days. If the driver is the registered keeper and an NIP hasn't been sent within 14 days then it's game over for the prosecution.
http://www.pepipoo.com/images/Staffs_14_day_rule.jpg

edit - link fixed

You B*ggers,

I checked my Reg, and low and behold,I've got one in the system. I allegedly did 37mph in a 30 zone, in Cambridge. I haven't been to Cambridge in 20 years :idea: :evil:

blondini, url is not quite right.

you mean

Staffs_14_day_rule.jpg

I am curious some say its 28 days, this says 14 , just becuse its on the net doesnt mean its true

Sponsored Links
I've often wondered about these lines on the road? We have two cameras on the road right outside our office. They are both the yellow box on a blue stick type and there are white gridlines on the road. However, the cameras are pointing AWAY from the lines so the lines are behind the camera?? Never understood why these lines were there and if they are actually used by the camera -does this mean that maybe these are dummy cameras? I've not heard of anyone getting caught by them - but having said that they are on a hill and just after a sharp bend in the road so i doubt people would normally be doing more than 40 anyway!

Just spoken to a serving Black Rat, (Traffic Officer). The 28 day rule was reduced to 14 days with an amendment to the relevent section of the act due to the fact that so many people are receiving speeding tickets so often a lot were saying they could not remember who was driving. The Government decided that everyone must be able to remember within 14 days - hence the change.

My apologies to Blondini and the OP. :oops:

Toptec. I always used to say if you want to know the time, don't ask a Policeman :) But I might change that to Traffic Officer ;)

Just to confirm it may have flashed due to a car coming the other way. Sometimes buses make them go off as they have a traffic management device in them that can sometimes conflict with cameras.

Most gatso's now have a small HD instead of 'film'

:)

I was told, ages ago, that the cameras flash once and take a photo at random intervals, just to check that the system was working properly. Think how much money would be lost if the camera stopped working due to a fault. :rolleyes:

Sounds a good idea, I'll like to ignore the law that says I have to pay tax :D

Sponsored Links
Back