Dodgy speed camera?

shall we all just egnore the laws that we dont like :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

why not?...plod does!

Police forces were accused of double standards last night after it emerged that only 354 of 90,000 officers caught on camera speeding or driving through red lights last year were punished.

Only one in 200 officers was fined or given points, compared with 84 per cent of ordinary drivers, according to figures released under the Freedom of Information Act.

In a quarter of the cases the police cars had their blue lights flashing, indicating that they were on their way to attend and emergency.

However, senior officers let nearly all of the others were let off without sanctions, saving them from three points on their licence and a £60 fine.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
On 28th January travelling north on A23 by Preston Park the speed camera flashed twice on my side of the road, I had accelerated to 30 and was looking across to the Bowling green and tennis courts at the time. I could have been doing 33 mph but no more, but I recollect a car going the other way was going very fast and must have tripped it. No notification of speeding fine received as yet.

What are the permissible speed limits above the signed speeds?

I heard somewhere that it is 10% + 9 mph above the speed limit on the signs, something to do with speedometers being slightly inaccurate.

That doesn't sound quite right, though. It would mean that 42 mph would be acceptable in a 30 mph limit.

On 28th January travelling north on A23 by Preston Park the speed camera flashed twice on my side of the road, I had accelerated to 30 and was looking across to the Bowling green and tennis courts at the time. I could have been doing 33 mph but no more, but I recollect a car going the other way was going very fast and must have tripped it. No notification of speeding fine received as yet.

Yes they have a 2 way radar that's why cars coming the other way set them off, they have to be individually switched off to allow just the one on your side to work. You can still get done even at 35mph though so are you sure you were only doing 33? There is a speed camera on the Bristol Road, Birmingham City Centre that goes off at 34!! :eek:

some cameras in london are always on the blink, they just sit there flashing away for hours on end.

You can always check online if you have any speeding tickets coming your way Here .

Amazing!

A car I owned that was scrapped in 1991 was caught on 2 December this year in Cambridge!!

Christine........................ :eek:
Apparently I was flashed at 73mph in a 60 limit last Saturday - in France! Never driven there, and I was in bed with flu at the time.

So you say !!M'Ludd :LOL:

Ive only been done for seeding one time 'VASCAR' pendlebury underpass in 1976 I was doing 46 in a 40mph zone.
2 weeks later- the limit was changed to 50mph.

Now- 6 months ago I was in dreamland- counting up how much I had made that day -- and up in front of me- pops up one of those Vans with a blacked out square in the back window (like those Amsterdam windows) .

I looked at my speedo and it was showing 39 ish.
When i got home i looked on line about 'excuses' etc .
no summons withinn 2 weeks- no action will be taken.
However- lately- when I have been using my satnav- and looking at the speed displayed-- it seems my van speedo is -for instance- van is doing 36 and sat nav says 31.
That's Ford for ya .
No wonder my injun is workin great after 13 years huh ?.

All speedometers read above your actual speed.... That way you cannot claim from the vehicle manufacturer if you are nicked for exceeding the limit when the speedometer is reading right on the max speed.... The indicated speed and your actual speed will vary depending on tyre wear too.

The white lines under the cameras are to allow the accuracy of the camera to be verified in the event of a camera malfunction, if you are flashed by a malfunctioning camera at, say 30 in a 40 limit then it is easy to verify as the lines are a known distance apart and the two flashes are at a fixed distance in time apart so your speed is easy to calculate.... The speed at which they start to prosecute is a fair bit higher than the actual limit to eliminate the huge number of folk contesting the ticket due to being only one or two MPH over the limit.... If you get a ticket, then you were traveling at a fair old lick....

Has anyone here ever been nicked bu one of those "Average speed" systems that you find on motorways.... Often wondered.

Sponsored Links
Back