Dodgy Tool Belt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it me or am I the only one who can't wear a tool belt without thinking of the Village People?!

Sponsored Links
I always turn into Tim "the Toolman" Taylor (from Home Improvements) when I put mine on. *Grah grah grah grah* :LOL:

But from now on when I put on a toolbelt AND a hardhat AND mirrored sunglasses I will surely think of myself as being in the Village People!

It is a rite of passage though, every man should have his own toolbelt as soon as he reaches a certain level of DIY proficiency.

I know a chippie with a tailor made tool belt that actually sits on his back. His argument, is that, in the event that you fall over, you're not going to impale yourself on someting. Watching him go for his yankee driver, reminds me of samurai warriors. Pretty cool, in a bizare kind of way. :confused:

I've never worn a tool belt. Tried one on once, felt like a line dancer. :oops:

Never worn one, only a nail bag and hammer holder when on the roof.

Sponsored Links
I adore mine so much, I had a matching suede thong made to go with it.

Great when you're up that ladder and trying to manipulate three screwdrivers, wirestrippers, sidecutters, etc. Trouble is though, you always end up adding to the contents and then you end up having to fish around amongst the screws and stuff in the bottom trying to find the one thing you forgot to put in.

I reckon they are marketed by women intent on developing a man's handbag empathy.

dingbat said:
I reckon they are marketed by women intent on developing a man's handbag empathy.

Or possibly they are preparing us for when the kangaroos take over the world... well, mine has a couple of big nail/screw pouches on the front.

dingbat said:
Great when you're up that ladder and trying to manipulate three screwdrivers, wirestrippers, sidecutters, etc. Trouble is though, you always end up adding to the contents and then you end up having to fish around amongst the screws and stuff in the bottom trying to find the one thing you forgot to put in.

Dingbat, mate - are you talking about the tool belt or the thong?!!! :D

securespark said:
Dingbat, mate - are you talking about the tool belt or the thong?!!! :D

Blimey mate, if you have to ask I shudder to think about the contents of your thong!!! :eek:

Boy Scout, mate - always prepared!

You never know what's gonna need mending.....

Sponsored Links
Back