Does this look realistic, initially? (extension on extension)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building on top of this single-storey extension (it's double-skin brick but otherwise unknown details e.g. foundations and such) in the same kind of footprint, or possibly only going out about half as far back if necessary. But I imagine the price wouldn't scale very well like that, so I'd hope to take it all the way back if I could.

Like this:

e7IGy6u.png

IAnPaH5.png

in order to split the single back bedroom into two, one possibly with en suite (it will be directly over the downstairs bathroom).

Just an idea at the moment. I have loads of space in the garden (see aerial photo) but for the +1 bedroom I'm looking for this could be the easiest option.

This is an end-of-terrace property and I'm on the north end of the row, so hopefully there wouldn't be too much problem with light for next door (the sun shines from their side, to my side).

Any obvious things that come to mind? I imagine the most annoying thing with this sort of project is tying it into the existing roof (about 4 rows of tiles would have to come up, by the looks of it). Also, will it probably involve wrecking the ceilings in the current extension? I.e. trashing the rooms below, or can they remain untouched?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back