dog leg connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,
I'm attempting to fit a shower bar mixer. When opening the box I found some dog leg connectors.

I've not started plumbing or fixing anything in yet but have screwed them into the fixings etc. I've noticed when there screwed tight (ish) they don't line up one bends down and the other bends to the right. (see pic below) Can they be like this and then adjust pipes and screw to the wall etc to fit or do they need to be facing down like the one in the pic on the right??

I hope that makes sense??

Thanks
Terry

Sponsored Links
I've noticed when there screwed tight (ish) they don't line up one bends down and the other bends to the right. (see pic below) Can they be like this and then adjust pipes and screw to the wall etc to fit
Those ugly things are designed for installations where the pipes in the wall are not spaced correctly, which obviously should not happen, and certainly never on a new installation.
They are not designed to just tighten up, the threads must be packed with PTFE tape first, the things screwed in far enough to seal, and then the angle of each (and therefore the spacing) can be adjusted as required.

Proper options for a new install include the single brackets as posted above, or this:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/h-and-c-contemporary-bar-valve-fixing-kit-chrome-effect/76919
which is set into the wall and is on one piece so no issues with spacing.
Or where pipes are on the surface, these: http://www.buyaparcel.com/p/triton-bar-mixer-fixings-for-exposed-pipework-200369/

opinions differ, but I prefer the one-piece shower fixing plate, which will put the two pipe connectors at the correct distance. With most, you can also use more screws, which may be helpful if someone slips and grabs hold of the mixer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back