Domestic pump Grundfos Ups 15-50 enquiry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am shortly going to fit a Grundfos bronze ups 15-50 pump to boost my domestic hot water flow, i have just one query which i am hoping someone can answer.

The only place i can fit this pump is on the hot water draw off coming from the top of the cylinder (draw off pipe is 300mm long), will this cause a pump over, i:e will the water go up the hot water draw off expansion, or will it flow to the taps?

There physically is nowhere else i can fit this pump, if this would cause the water to pump over, is there any modification i could make to the plumbing?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
You need a secondary circuit for the UPS 15-50b Circulator, it don't pump nothing. :D

perhaps an explaination of what your trying to do would be handy before you waste your money.

doitall said:
You need a secondary circuit for the UPS 15-50b Circulator, it don't pump nothing. :D

perhaps an explaination of what your trying to do would be handy before you waste your money.

Hi,

Doesn't pump? :eek:

My local plumbers merchants sold it to me. I have very poor hot water pressure in my house, i was going to fit this to the hot water draw off and then wire it to an existing 3amp connection fuse which is already installed in my airing cupboard.

Have they sold me something that won't do the job?

Help !!

yes, it doesn't pump :rolleyes:

It is a circulator for a secondary circuit, E>G> it circulates hot water around the house, the same as a heating system, so you have hot water at the taps without wasting water, used on larger properties and commercial.

Do a Google on booster pumps, Stuart Turner monsoon being the best.

Sponsored Links
Well it DOES pump - a bit. There are pumps designed for what you're doing, which have similar "heads" , though they're usually more.
You'd also need a flow switch so it know when to start.
It IS the wrong pump for the job, therefore.
I think Grundlfos and Wilo's pumps for your purpose are both under £100.

But if you think this configuration is gonna do you any good, you is plonk, innit!

image002-1.gif

ChrisR said:
Well it DOES pump - a bit. There are pumps designed for what you're doing, which have similar "heads" , though they're usually more.
You'd also need a flow switch so it know when to start.
It IS the wrong pump for the job, therefore.
I think Grundlfos and Wilo's pumps for your purpose are both under £100.

But if you think this configuration is gonna do you any good, you is plonk, innit!

image002-1.gif

That's just what i thought would happen, the kid in the shop did look a little puzzled when he sold it me. I will return the said item and speak to a moe senior reprosentative.

Thaks guys ;)

They're only shop assistants, not plumbers. They pick up a little insite from us here and there but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back