dont fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi helpers, how do you get a 785 mm deep sofa through a 735mm doorway ! daughter ordered but didnt measure have tried it always and unable to go thru window either

anyone know where she can buy a cheapish detachable sofa
and anybody want to buy a 2 ps white leather for £600 :!:
apparently under T & C they will not take returns cheers P M

Sponsored Links
Presume you’ve tried manhandling it all ways? Are there any feet that can be removed? Sometimes up ending it & twisting it through works but only if it’s shorter than the height of the door. Assuming you took the door off, have you considered removing the door jamb, this may give you 15mm or so; ultimately removing the door linings could possibly give you another 45-50mm on top of that. Drastic & will involve remedial work but better than flogging them as second hand.

Sponsored Links
I know it sounds daft but if it were me I'd widen the door opening if (as as already been suggested) taking the frame out didn't help.

thanks for your input guys, old victorian house rented and not allowed to put a nail in the wall never mind taking frame off etc

yes I was warned still unsure what to do might pop down to windsor legoland to get some ideas :eek:

If it was manufactured it can be dismantled; for example you can often remove the arms by unpicking the staples from the bottom covering and reaching inside to unbolt the arms from the back and base of the sofa.

If it was manufactured it can be dismantled; for example you can often remove the arms by unpicking the staples from the bottom covering and reaching inside to unbolt the arms from the back and base of the sofa.

OUCH!! That is a painfull approch and will invalidate any warranty. :eek:

I had similar issue last year - rented flat and sofa wouldn't fit in front door after coming down the hall

At the back of the flat there is about 20 feet waste ground covered in 6 foot high brambles and I had to cut a path through that to bring the sofa in through the back

Has the sofa got legs that you can carefully cut off and re attach...?

Why? As long as you can re-staple the bottom cover neatly the local distributor will never know you dismantled the sofa; assuming you had reason to return the sofa (unlikely - do they break?) and assuming they bothered looking underneath they would probably put your work down to a bad day in the Chinese factory.

Why? As long as you can re-staple the bottom cover neatly the local distributor will never know you dismantled the sofa; assuming you had reason to return the sofa (unlikely - do they break?) and assuming they bothered looking underneath they would probably put your work down to a bad day in the Chinese factory.

If you do have to call them out about a warranty issue, and then they say 'yes sir, its faulty we will get a replacement organised' the next thing is ' excuse me sir, have you had new door frames fitted, because we cannot get the old one out, and the new one in'!! :oops:

Lou.

Sponsored Links
Back