dont fit

Sponsored Links
Damage it, claim that it was like that when you unpacked it. :D

Tell them you want your money back, as is your right. :)

Sponsored Links
i knew someone who brought a new sofa, delivery drivers turned up and it would fit through the door.

they took it back, split it into two bits and re-delivered it and put it back together.

I had to take our front door off to fit a 3 seater sofa through. 12 screws out, door off, sofa through, Door back on. Sat down having a cuppa in 1/4hr.

Neighbour had the same problem 3 months later. ;) ;)

hi helpers, how do you get a 785 mm deep sofa through a 735mm doorway ! daughter ordered but didnt measure have tried it always and unable to go thru window either

anyone know where she can buy a cheapish detachable sofa
and anybody want to buy a 2 ps white leather for £600 :!:
apparently under T & C they will not take returns cheers P M

just dont buy cheap ****e....

Some years ago we bought a king sized bed only to find that when it was delivered it would not go up the stairs. So :-
I removed the bedroom widows and frame, Put a ladder at a low angle up to the window, rested the bed on the ladder, trailed a rope out of the window apperture and tied it to the bed. Then with my son pushing from below and me pulling from above, got the job done. Re fitted frame and windows.
If we ever move or get a new bed, I'll have to saw this one up in situ. Im not doing that again and the new bed will have to be in kit form

The top right window
View media item 26246

The guy across the road from my parents had this problem. They found a company who partially dismantled the sofa then reassembled it once inside.

Unfortunately I don't know the name of the company.

Really; I can't believe some of these posts. Is this a forum for DIYers or helpless muppets?

I'll say it again: all sofas are manufactured in a factory. Therefore they can be dismantled and reassembled. It only takes a little common sense and some effort with basic tools! Your best friend is the stapler for replacing the bits of trim you un-stapled to gain access to the nuts and bolts that hold the base, back and arms together. Take a look at your sofa: was it upholstered in one massive piece? No, it was done in bits and those bits were bolted together afterwards.

If it was manufactured it can be dismantled; for example you can often remove the arms by unpicking the staples from the bottom covering and reaching inside to unbolt the arms from the back and base of the sofa.

yeh never thought of that , will have a closer look tomorrow, but a cautionary tale from Lou though. still maybe worth the risk rather than trying to sell the £700 sofa and still buy another smaller one as replacement thanks P M

Bit off topic...but takes me back to Candid Camera yonks ago when they had two delivery guys squeeze a sofa into a living room...then after lunch told 'em they wanted it in the other room instead.

In the meantime they'd had chippies reduce the door frame...Absolutely hilarious watching the performance...With the many repeated..."Well we got the b*****d in so it must come out."

Rotten lot...funny though.

Sponsored Links
Back