Don't Pay...

Sponsored Links
I had a non payer last November, after I completed some work in a rental property.

I took it through the Small Claims process and a CCJ was issued, but there was no point instructing the Baliffs as I only had the rental address and the Tenants goods can't be seized, so I wrote the money off.

Got a call from the Customer a couple of weeks back, who now wants the CCJ removed (I assume so he can renew his mortgage on the rental property). Offered to pay original invoice, plus court fees, plus 20% if I agreed to the judgement being set aside. I accepted.

So whilst you may not get your money this way, it's worth a go. And it's legal unlike some of the other options!

I think it's best not to be vindictive, especially if it isn't a life changing amount of money. Just remind your customer that they will always be in debt to you until the bill is payed . you can then keep on reminding them and their friends/family when ever you see them.

expanding foam up the inside of waste outlet pipes is a good un, even better with push fit cos you can pick your spot(s) :LOL: :LOL:
actually, tradesmen round here tend to text warnings to each other about bad payers

Or up his car exhaust ! :LOL: :LOL:

Have just had a cheque for £200 arrive today hand delivered with less than 24 hours left to go with Moneyclaim online. Was served on 21/06/10 and the cheque turns up today with a note saying 'please left MCOL' know I have paid asap' Cheeky feck keeps me waiting 17 months and then in the 11th hour and 58th minute expects me to run around.

:mad: ****

Sponsored Links
well if he preaches what he practices then he's onto a winner, keep all your money and don't pay for anything, that is surely good financial advice.

cheeky git,
so he wants you to stop with your action because you have in your hands a cheque :rolleyes: ,now what happens if you do stop and the cheque is made of rubber??? ;)

As a financial advisor, he can get seriously frowned upon if he gets taken to court over debts

I think it's best not to be vindictive, especially if it isn't a life changing amount of money. Just remind your customer that they will always be in debt to you until the bill is payed . you can then keep on reminding them and their friends/family when ever you see them.

I agree, it's shocking to see so much anger, when we aren't told the full story. Money, Women, Jealousy, and Beer do for people always. Look to that media storm last week, I nearly forget his name already, Raoul Moat, look where he ended up due to 2,3 or possibly all 4 of the above. Retribution isn't the answer, consultation is.

Sponsored Links
Back