Door buffers

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I've seen what appear to be pneumatic buffers to prevent kitchen unit doors slamming against a sprung hinge.

I have had new fire doors fitted, with very easy-action bronze-bushed hinges. I've got closers on the bathroom, WC and kitchen doors, and of course they are inclined to slam, being so heavy and gathering speed due to their free-running hinges.

Is there an equivalent buffer that will withstand a heavy fire door? I've already looked for friction hinges to let them shut slowly. There are slow-action closers available, but they are very expensive.

I don't want those top-of-door elbow-action hydraulic closers. It's in a house, not a factory.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I've already got ordinary Perkos in them. The regulated speed ones are unreasonably expensive.

I use my arms and hands to close my bathroom door but that's just me I guess! :D

Oh John you need help Laddy.

ok then I guess you need a more reasonably priced version of the Perko regulated closers. I am afraid I don't know of any. Would a couple of those soft close kitchen cupboard buffers do? (sorry should have read your original post more carefully, I see you have considered those)

yes, these are the kitchen door buffers

262013840148_2.jpg

the piston closes into a cylinder of air, which buffers the door, and the air then escapes so the door moves into its final close at reduced speed.

I'm considering putting a couple of them into the door edge, but hoping there is a stronger version intended for the heavier full-sized room door, rather than a light kitchen cupboard door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back