DotGov Directory?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was contacted by a company today called "DotGov Directory" www.dotgovsuppliesandservices.com . They claim to be able to give me work for local authorities etc, and all I need to do is 'register' for £99.

Has anyone one else heard of them, or even signed up with them. Would it be quicker if I chucked £99 in the bin or do they genuinely send work?

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Has anyone one else heard of them, or even signed up with them. Would it be quicker if I chucked £99 in the bin or do they genuinely send work?
Dave
sounds a con. send me £99 rather than chuck it in the bin:cool:

From website:
Once registered, businesses will receive email alerts advising them about up coming tenders within the public sector, including contact details and full information to enable them to enter their �bid�

This means you will be competing against blokes who run half-wits who are bordering on incompetent, but they are CHEAP.

Forget it and do proper jobs.

Sponsored Links
Dave,

In reality you would only travel so far to do a job. If you are interested in council jobs then why not search your local council web sites and find out if they post the details for companies to apply to be a supplier or even if they post "Request for Contract Bids." That's all these guys are doing for the £99.
Don't send anyone money to try to get work!!
I'm not interested in council work but I'll take a look for you. (If you get lots I might sub to you! :D

http://www.hcidata.co.uk/register-dot-gov-dot-uk.htm

If I have my wife on the council she can aquire a .gov site name. I know a rarish Vicar, he can make a website with .gov

The people are in-house sellers trying to find out as much as they can about you. It all sounds very convincing, they contacted me and were very keen to get £99, it's alot of money and when they say yes we can give you a password to a locked site where there may or may not be work where hundreds of others have subscribed. I could make a up a site with the same thing. Get real and forget it.If your a builder or Plumber or Electrician and you can't get enough of your own work in , then you must be doing something wrong. If you want to make some of these websites owners wealthy then go ahead and give them your money. I bet my back teeth that you will be trying to price a crap job that everybody else has turned down or it's out of hours.
:LOL:

I thought yo had to be registered on P.A.S.A now called network buying solutions network to be able to tender for government/council work

I signed up to find tenders in an area covering essex, surrey, london & few other counties- basically the south east. When I first signed in I found a blank screen- no tenders for my trade. I complained and they sent me a list of other trades that I could also sign up to as a way to increase the amount of tenders that would show up. No good to me as like most I have a trade not several. I asked for a refund and have been ignored. It seems my area has been widened, but this is no good to me as I don't intend to travel 400 miles go to work. It is still early into the year that I have paid for and I will update if anything good comes from this dubious service.
javascript:emoticon(':idea:')Maybe I should be cold calling trades and selling them a tenders service, as I too have no tenders to load onto a database.

Beware others, if my experience is anything to go by.

Thanks for the advice
I have been pestered by this organisation for a few days now
they have a good sales pitch but something did not feel quite right!......
having read this thread I'll put my credit card away!! :oops:

I run an audio visual company and signed up last year, over that period i applied for about 10 of the hundred odd tenders that came through. I won 1 small one and a large contract worth about £35k so worked for me

That's fantastic, lordy, and it's very kind of you to join the forum just so you can sing the praises of a company that cold-calls.

You've completely changed my mind.

OOI, weren't the Invitations To Tender publicly advertised, as is required by law?

i found out that stuff over 20k has to go to some european union site but stuff below doesn't.
I did try to get one of my staff to contact all the various public sector bodies to find work but it was a darn site cheaper to pay the 100 quid as after a week of a technical bod looking he'd cost me three times that in wages!

Sponsored Links
Back