double switch and single dimmer wall switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a double light switch in my kitchen with 4 switches on. I want to change this to a double switch and single dimmer wall switch, a complete unit? Does anyone know if you can get these ? thanks in advance....

Sponsored Links
You can either use a gridswitch (modular switch system) with 2 switch modules and a dimmer module,

or buy a 3 gang dimmer and replace 2 dimmer modules with dummies (push on push off switches)

Hi, would it be possible to send some links? New to this DIY and enjoying it. I dont want to replace the bracket in the wall that holds the switch if possible. Thanks again.....

Can you clarify how you are going to replace a four gang switch with a three gang?

Are you planning on combining two of the existing switches onto one switch on your new one?

The lights you want to dim. Can you tell us the wattage and type of all lights connected to each proposed new dimmer?

Sponsored Links
I have a four gang switch, with 2 lights going to 2 switches and 1 light going to just 1 and the other has nothing on it. I want to put 2 lights into 2 switches and 1 light into a dimmer rather than having a blank switch like it is at the moment. Ideally I would like to keep the switch as a double so I dont have to change the mounting bracket. The lights I want to dim are 4 spots in my kitchen, hope this helps.... THANKS

hi thanks for your help, looks like the dimmer is too deep... If i get the switch only modules as you suggested if the dimmer was too deep I cant then dim only switch.... Thanks

hi thanks for your help, looks like the dimmer is too deep... If i get the switch only modules as you suggested if the dimmer was too deep I cant then dim only switch.... Thanks

The 3 gang dimmer should fit a 25mm deep box no problem, with dimmers or switch modules. The switch only modules replace the dimming modules & look the same but switch only. What kins of load are the switches for? unless it's flourescent or something you don't want a dimmer on and the loads okay you might as well get the 3 gang dimmer and have a dimming option you don't need, rather than pay extra for switch modules...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back