download to iphone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im trying to download some bookmarks to my iphone 4s from my computer, a dell inspiron 530.
i have synced with a usb cable and right click on a folder and press "send to" in the box that appears.this box lists every port except terences iphone
what am i doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
hi mursal yes it is, is that where i need to start?
the phone syncs with the computer ok and i can upload photos off the phone if i make a file of them but i cannot do this with movies which is frustrating

Sponsored Links
that will help with uploading videos, thank you but any thoughts on getting stuff off the computer into the phone, ideally id like to use ibooks cos when you read a boiler manual in ibooks its quicker.
god knows how ill get on if i buy an ipad
wher abouts are you from, im a tyrone boy, omagh in fact but its been a while since ive visited

Look at the boiler book file and see what the file name ends with? Probably be ^^^^^^.PDF for Adobe reader?

You may need to convert the file to be compatible with ibooks before you download from your PC. It will only be a piece of free software (hopefully) but the file extension (bit on the end) will tell you which converter to use.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3894748?start=75&tstart=0

Converter

http://www.ipadforums.net/ibooks/2363-how-convert-pdf-epub-ipad-ibooks.html

Omagh brings back good memories for me too, good friends from Tyrone, unfortunately a bit further south now

it offers me the option of emailing but how do i get it out of hotmail or gmail, im assuming the sent email stays in the computer and i download into the phone.
i find technology hard work so please keep it simple :D

But, open the E-Mail on the phone and read the attached boiler file?

I remember the good old days, before apple invented the smartphone, when you could just store files on your SD card and read them on your smart phone without needing a 3g connection...

In all seriousness you might be able to upload files to something like google docs and then view them from there (or dropbox etc).

It you want to be able to store them on your phone you will need to get an android or windows phone 8 next time

Sponsored Links
Back