POSIX ERROR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure, but I think I have more than one problem going on here. I'm trying to take it one step at a time. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. First off, I have a Macintosh OSX version 10.4.8. I have a cable modem with a Belkin wireless router (only because about 2 mos ago, lightning struck and killed my first modem and took out my ethernet port on the mac) I seem to have an "intermittent" signal problem that affects the computer (but only in some ways), the phone (voip) and the TV cable box....cable person was out yesterday and ran new cable (found out I was not on an independent line, but now am)....when he left, everything was fine (or so I thought) EXCEPT for msn messenger. I have heard that messenger for mac is "bl**dy crap" ....but dont have much choice because if I dont use the 6.0.1 version, it wont let me in anyway. I have tried downloading (no exaggeration) about 40 times.....each time, about 10 sec. into the download....i get a "posix error...connection reset by peer"....anyone know what that means? Ive tried researching what posix means....and it refers me to frameworks....which I dont have a clue.

bett

Sponsored Links
Back