Downloading music.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
TCALSS, I am downloading music on one PC & e-mailing it to another.

Is there any reason why it should "lose" its license & be unplayable at its destination?

Can I download tracks on one PC & transfer them successfully to another?

Sponsored Links
If it's got DRM rubbish built into it, eg stuff copied in via sony sonicstage, then it has to be sent out through that software to maintain a count of the copies. iTunes is the same, as well as being mp4. If you're ripping CDs in via WMP, go to options and make sure write protect is not checked.

www.tunebite.com has a wizzy bit of - legal - software that gets over that, even changes mp4 to mp3.

I'm gonna take a shot at this one.....but it sounds too easy....maybe I'm missin something here...

You can download music on a pc (or a mac in my case) and transfer/email or burn them to a disc...whatever...easily enough. The license part of it (at least for the US) is the word "distribute" which means you can keep and play them for home...but you cant copy it for "public" use...without infringing on copyright laws.

I don't think it's the legals he's on about, but the fact that he's copied some from one to another and they won't play.

Sponsored Links
oh

You didnt specify where the "destination" was. If its a disc player in a car--you'll probably have to tweak the settings .....but I download music all the time...and it doesnt much matter what the settings are ( to be fair, its all greek to me) everything always downloads without a hitch...I havent bought a CD in donkey years.

was that too technical? ;)

oh

You didnt specify where the "destination" was. If its a disc player in a car--you'll probably have to tweak the settings .....but I download music all the time...and it doesnt much matter what the settings are ( to be fair, its all greek to me) everything always downloads without a hitch...I havent bought a CD in donkey years.

was that too technical? ;)
Ah a Demis Roussos and Nana Mouskouri fan i see! ;)

If you burn them to a disc (as a cda file) then rip them at the destination (back to mp3/wma), this will remove the licensing from the files and render them playable anywhere anytime. I think. Trouble is you'll only get about 15-20 tracks on a disc. If you have software and hardware that allows it, put the cda files onto a dvd. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back