Music Downloads

Not really. But prices have come down a lot since buying this machine. I use it mainly for Internet, E-mail, Music & Pictures, so what do you think is best?

Sponsored Links
you cant really as that on a forum :cry:

x will say 123

y will say 345

but all will say dont get a mesh or dell (wont they?)

you see what i am trying to say
I would opt to build it yourself, that way youcan buy the best bits your pocket will allow at the time.

TBH the one linked to works, but probably does not come with a xp cd, only a recovery disc, although for £200 it looks ok

you could also keep the one you have, plug in a network card and network them together

Simon I'll build you a computer! ;)

Vista, core 2 duo, 2GB ram, 500GB of Hard drive,

But you can, of course, buy it fully assembled, cheaper! :(

securespark said:
Thanks, JD.

Will my set up (with +RAM) support XP?

If I do this, for how much longer will the system be "usable/useful"?

Is Vista a better bet or not?

EDIT:

This any good?

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/123118/rb/0

Ok for the price. Extremely basic though.

If you upgrade the memory to at least 512MB, or better still 1GB, XP should run fine on your system, although you may have to source new drivers for any older items of kit. Most drivers are available if you google enough.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, Cr, I mean Steve.

Can't get used to this. Shame on you, you cyber bullies.

breezer said:
you cant really as that on a forum

Fair point.

However, for any given task (or mix of tasks), there must be a minimum spec that is recommended?

Every body as their preferencies.But for a fair priced machine(desktop)ACER as some good deals at the moment,i bought an acer(laptop)from ebuyer...M processor 420--1.6ghz--533mhzfsb--17" screen crytalbrite--intel graphics media accelerator 950,brilliant for pc games--120gb hd--dvd super multi double layer--1024mb ddr2--wireless lan--built in web cam--5 in 1 card reader--xp pro....all for £345...

securespark said:
Will my set up (with +RAM) support XP?

I ran XP on something similar, no prob with browsing, email, documents, home accounts.

It is certainly the cheapest way to do it

But buy a new hard disk so you can use one and backup onto the other. they all fail eventually.

I sometimes upgrade using a "Barebones" - last one cost me about £130 (case, PSU, MB, CPU, memory, on-board graphics all assembled but no disks, no screen, no keyboard). A fully-built one is not a lot dearer if your old disks need replacing anyway. This supplier is local to me so I can collect, but presumably there will be one in your nearest civilised area. http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?BB-AM351G

Sponsored Links
Back