Downstairs radiators don't heat up while upstairs do

Thanks. Pump's definitely OK ;arrow pointing right to left. The first one fitted when the house was built, was fitted incorrectly with an upright spindle up tight agianst the wall. So when that packed up, the replacement has had the the housing moved round so the spindle can be horizontal.
cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi Grizza
I guess he turned the body around for access to the wiring and speed control then; as if you hold a new pump in the position of yours, with the flex inlet on the top left, which would be the bottom, if the pump was upright, the arrow points to the right, which in turn, would be the top of the pump.
He could maybe split the cold feed to the F&E tank and blow it down the cold feed inside the tank and also the vent. I have done that before and cleared either an airlock or a lump of black iron oxide.
Simply draining and refilling a system will only clear out what is in suspension in the water and not what is trapped in the smallest of places or has compounded itself after years of flow direction.
If you squeeze a wet tea bag, all the leaves will compact, run water through it, some will break away and float, but the lump will remain a lump. (Poor analogy I know)
Id be thinking of a powerflush, but if you do that, make sure the vent and feed are connected together and your 2 port valves are manually open.
Cheers
Mark :)

Hi Tony. When you say 'run on low' does that mean turn the temp setting on the boiler down ?

The pump should work fine on setting "2".

First try balancing the rads or get your plumber to do so if he can.

If that does not sort it out then add Sentinel X800 and run heating on low for 3-4 hours then drain and if its better flush out once or twice and then when clean add X100 inhibitor.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back