DPC 17th Edition.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a reply to an e-mail asking about the above.

Hi

There will be a few draft copies due into stock within the next few weeks. These will be circulated to the industry for comment and will be available for 90 days. Price:£50.00.

Please contact me if you require more information.

Best regards,

Maureen Hopkins

I find it ludicrous that they are selling the DPC for more than a copy of the regs itself!!

If they want our comment, it should be circulated at a subsidised price.

The money is made selling the final copy, not the draft.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps they're trying to limit the number of interfering busybodies that want to give their opinion :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Revising drafts and circulatig reviewers' comments is quite hard work.

At that price I expect they will get reviews from trade bodies, manufacturers, big contractors, but not many individuals.

If they distributed it all as soft copy there would be no printing and posting costs.

Well, I think that would be sensible. That is why Joe Bloggs Electrical and the like never get a say in these matters, because as you point out, very few individuals get their mitts on a copy.

Poor do, if you ask me. (Alright, I know nobody asked me!)

Maybe the Guild of Cheshire Electricians could buy a copy and put it in the Members' Lounge?

Sponsored Links
I'm pushing my employers to get a copy - after all, I'm a technical guru....

If I get a copy, I'll let you know!

Excuse my ignorance lads but is this a statutory document?

If so why does it cost money?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back