DPC and wallpapering.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help.

I have just moved into a new flat. When we had the Homebuyers Report done damp came up. I got the guy selling the flat to remedy the damp with a new chemical injected DPC into one of the walls in the bedroom. This was back in early October. The wall with the new DPC has been replastered to halfway up the wall.

I have had little contact with the damp contractors.

So i started decorating a few weeks ago, first stripping walls etc.

Then on Saturday gone i started wallpapering with lining paper. I have done about 1/3 of the room and rather stupidly I had papered about 40cms of the wall with the new DPC. After speaking to someone casually last night about it they mentioned that you had to leave a wall with a new DPC for 12 months before papering.

So after work today i have rushed home and removed the paper from the new plasterwork with the new DPC. I have gotten most of it off but there seems to be some residual adhesive left on the wall.

Will this be a problem in the future and have i invalidated my DPC guarantee?

And what else should i do to remedy my fault? How do i get the adhesive off the wall?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
i cannot for the life of me, see what benefit can be gained by leaving it for 12 months!

the render will take no longer than two weeks to dry.

i fail to see what will be different about the wall after one month or twelve. :confused:

Strip the paper back to a goos edge away from the DPC and wash the bare wall down to remove the paste

Personally I cant see how it has to be left for twelve months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back