DPM repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents

I'm in the process of constructing a conservatory and have an issue caused by some idiot from the company that installed the lead flashing.
Basically when they turned up to do the flashin it was raining and there was an inch of water laying on top of the concrete floor. Said idiot then decided that he would put a nice big 600mm long slit in my DPM just above concrete level to allow the water to drain away !!

After dealing with an irate owner of a lead flashing company because I cancelled his cheque ;) they have sent somebody around to administer a repair. The repair consisted of coating the floor and upstanding DPM with 'blackjack' and place another section of DPM over the top.

Can any of you lovely people out there advise on if this is a suitable fix? My gut feeling is it's a bit if a bodge to get them out of trouble.

Thanks

Robin

Sponsored Links
Lead flashing :confused: anyway 2 coats of blackjack should be an acceptable DPM. Others will probably add their better knowledge ;)

If anything, a bit OTT not to mention messy! A localised repair with a strip of polythene and duck tape to create a band-aid would have sufficed to repair the damage done.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back