Drain blocked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise?
My drain was blocked to my bathroom so I removed the U bends cleaned all the gunk out of them and I also used my cable rods to push up and down the 3m run of pipe. After a good roddin there was a load of lime scale that I dislodged. I picked out what I could but some of it has fallen futher down the drain were I can't access. My bathroom drains a treat now until the water gets so far and then backs up again. Basically is there anything that will disolve the lime scale as I now know this is definatly the problem.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You could try drain unblocker. Be very careful as it will dissolve your skin just as happily as limescale.

Acid tends to work pretty well on limescale.
Oldest clothes, goggles and long thick rubber gloves recommended.
And poor it bit by bit, not all in one go; when mixed with water the chemical reaction can get it pretty hot.

Sponsored Links
Acid sounds like a plan. Where can I get it from and any particular type?
It won't affect any seals etc to where I'll be using it as its basically down in the main drain in the ground.

bath sink
L________L______________
|
down into drain
No inspection cover so can't rod drain
This is where it is blocked with lumps of
lime scale

I have used various forms of acid for cleaning different things over the years, and afaik, ally heatexchangers are the only things that don't like it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back