drain cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to unblock a urinal tomorrow.

I usually just renew the trap as i know urinals are very difficult to remove that build up of is it calcium or what ever that white stuff is that crystallize in the trap.This one will be difficult to swap

Has any one had any success with chemical cleaners and if so what make??

i've plenty of drain and waste cleaners but not certain if there any good on urinals.

Sponsored Links
I've used one called 'knock out' made by barettine. got mine from my plumbing merchant. carefull if you can get some this stuff kicks like a mule! oh and watch your clothes, it burnt through my trousers ! no kidding ! :LOL: ;)

knock outs worth a try,, i've had problems with these before,, even replaced a 2 pipe in the past,, this stuff is incredibly difficult to shift,, just wounded if any one as had any luck unblocking these

Sponsored Links
Be VERY careful with Knockout, it's frikkin lethal. If it comes into contact with a mass of organic material in a drain or basin, i.e. hair, etc., it will fizz up and spit quicker than you can get your hand out of the way, and as GB has pointed out, it will eat through your clothes and have a go at your flesh too. If you can get hold of a pipe cleaner ( I've got a Rothenberger one which goes to about 7 metres) they do the job with a bit of effort. Crystallised urine is not the nicest of things to clear but Knockout is not nice when it splashes on your skin. That said, I do still use Knockout, but sparingly nowadays :)

Ive noticed most of the merchants now only stock eco freindly drain cleaner which is a complete waste of money doesn't clean a thing.

I'm unfortunate enough to work on urinals nearly every day, and I am yet to find a cleaner that will shift the solidified crystals you get (invariably on the 2" T where the 1 1/2" joins onto the 2" run).

Tried sulphuric acid, one shot, plungers etc, only a 110v snake seems to shift it every time!

Oh the glamour of being a plumber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back