Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
  • 33 posts

Posted Today, 08:07 AM

Hello, I have two related questions that I need advice about please.
I am building a downstairs bathroom extention.

The property has been extended previously. The attached diagram will show the approx positions of all drain pipes below ground. Can I connect a level access shower drain into an underground soil pipe? If so. How do I do it?

Secondly, Because of the proximity of the new inspection chamber to the old soil connection, Do I still need to vent the new soil pipe ?

Many thanks for your considerations

kevin

Attachments

• soil.pdf
    165.5 KB · Views: 183
Sponsored Links
Depends if your underground pipe is deep enough to allow a bit of fall from shower waste to underground.

If you've got plenty of fall and there's only the shower draining into it then don't bother running the soil pipe under the floor- terminate it with a roddable gulley outside the wall and drain the shower into that gulley. No stack pipe required and (if you use a 45 degree branch onto the main pipe) I don't think you'd need an IC at the junction since you can rod both runs in the direction of flow (new run from the gulley, old run from the assumed IC where the existing joins the 6" sewer). But BCO will advise in detail.

You don't show any inspection chambers on your PDF (and why did you use a PDF? Why not just a JPEG so it'll show inline rather than needing downloading)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back