Dranage problem.

fp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , hope you can help. I cleaned my drains yesterday with a proper plumber's rod and noticed the water is rather muddy and took a long time to get through. ( I was rodding from one man hole to the other). I do susspect a broken pipe between the two man holes. Is there a lining I can install without having the water board to come and have a look, dig up the drive way etc.....?? The approx length of pipe is 10M.

Sponsored Links
what water ? .. does the water not run away ?
r u saying it runs clear at the top end and comes out at the other man hole dirty brown?
If the drains have collapsed u need to dig..if they simply have a hole or bad joint i thought u could get fibre glass tubing that would fit inside and seal both end?
u could get a cctv scan..dunno the cost £100 maybe
if u have a leak in ur drains and they run nr the house u need to fix it as water will soften the ground around ur foundations.
if ur house is pre 1927 (i think) and its shared with another house its the responsibilty of the water company.
Disclaimer..i beleive the above to be right but im no expert

Thank jcp. the water is clear( when clean water is flushed through). only muddy water is seen when I use the Rod.

Sponsored Links
camera try to get a fixed price quote but the muddy water is telling you already you have a prob

as for digging it up there might be no need as u can use a liner ( prefesionaly fitted by a hot water injection method

say you have to repair you can alwasy dig it up yourself but if you have to hire gear to do the job it can get expensive

if your handy and fit and able to use a very large hammer do it your self it isnt rocket science saving all the hire gear and a camera

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back