Draughty PVC Patio Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Any ideas how to adjust Veka patio doors? I've three pairs in my house and they are all draughty on the hinge side. They open and close perfectly.

Sponsored Links
i assume they are the double outward opening type since you mention hinges?
the hinges should be adjustable via concentic adjusters above or below the hinge pins which will pull the door in or away from the frame using an allen key.
adjust one at a time keeping a very close eye on the door/frame relationship as you turn the allen key,this will enable you to see what turn does what adjustment.
the top adjuster on each hinge usually does the adjustment you need.the underside aduster usually does the height.

Thanks for replying. The doors all open inwards. There's allen key adjustment on each hinge at 3 points - top, bottom and centre where the hinge attaches to the door. Does this change anything?

Sponsored Links
hi top adjusts in and out on seal i beleive

bot adjusts height up and down

mid takes doors in and out towards centre

if doors do not look level across the top they may need toeing and heeling ( re packing as well )

you should also find on the slave door (the one that opens second) adjust ment for the centre

hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back