Tilt and turn window needs adjusting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Looking for a bit of help if anybody can help me.I have noticed that my tilt and turn window is draughty on the hinges side of the window, if i push the hinge side of the door i notice i cannot her the outside traffic noise anymore, can these hinges be adjusted and how. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Open the window on 'turn' not 'tilt' and take a look at the little roller cams, these bits slide up and down and go behind the receivers or keeps around the frame when its locked, in the centre of these you should see an allen key sized hole, you will probably see a dash/line as well, with an allen key turn this cam so that the line is pointing to/closer to the rubber gasket on the opener, do one at a time and keep trying to lock the window, too much at once will affect the stiffness of the handle and will be difficult to lock, its all about finding a happy medium

Open the window on 'turn' not 'tilt' and take a look at the little roller cams, these bits slide up and down and go behind the receivers or keeps around the frame when its locked, in the centre of these you should see an allen key sized hole, you will probably see a dash/line as well, with an allen key turn this cam so that the line is pointing to/closer to the rubber gasket on the opener, do one at a time and keep trying to lock the window, too much at once will affect the stiffness of the handle and will be difficult to lock, its all about finding a happy medium

Thanks i will give that a try.

Thanks i will give that a try.

I have opened the window, the only screw with a allen key head is next to the bottom hinge, if i turn this screw it seems to move the bottom of the window in and then out again as i keep turning the screw, does this sound correct, am i turning the correct screw.

Sponsored Links
Yes you can but that will just pull that bottom corner in, if you need more compression all the way up that side then you need to find a roller cam, are there any keeps on the frame on the hinge side, if so there should be a cam on the opener adjacent to the keep?

Yes you can but that will just pull that bottom corner in, if you need more compression all the way up that side then you need to find a roller cam, are there any keeps on the frame on the hinge side, if so there should be a cam on the opener adjacent to the keep?

thanks again i will look tomorrow in the daytime

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back