Drawings of private drains

bot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem last week with a blocked drain (shared with 2 other properties). Since then I've been trying to find drawings of the set up off the 3 drains as it's not clear on how they are all connected before going into the main drain. I've got the feeling if they block up again in the same way the neighbours are ganging up saying it's my fault. I have got a copy of the deeds of my house, but it's only got the main drains on the drawings.
Any ideas of where I can get drawings from? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I would start with asking your local council who should know who has drain records. :D

i could be wrong
but i am under the impression that on older propertys with shared drains are the councils responcibilitys regardless of ownership[private or council]!!!!

Pre 1931 shared drains can be the responsibility of the Local Authority, Public Health Acts.

I succeeded in involking that when the shared part had collapsed under the pavement and road. Solicitor for the elderly neighbour spent £900 of her money having her own drain dug up by some cowboys.

When he eventually contacted me I was able to advise him on the Law !!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Pre 1931 shared drains can be the responsibility of the Local Authority, Public Health Acts.
Tony

Pre 1937 actually, hope he didn't rely too heavily on your legal advice Tony... ;)

Records of "private" drains (being anything not on the public highway) aren't usually kept by anybody.

Main sewers, land drains and surface water drains are usually logged but not the individual drains for houses. There may be plans submitted with any planning permission/amendments which may or may not exist in some archive but don't get your hopes up.

Sorry, I should have been more specific, the house was built in 1990 and is a private property.

You would have to contact the house builders to see if they still retain the drawings of the drains, as has been said, the council will only have drawings showing the public sewers, not the private drains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back