drawings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to draw my own detailed plans for planning permission approval? I want to build a small extention to house a toilet. or must I use a professional architect?

Sponsored Links
You can draw your own plans by all means. Planning drawings don't need to be particularly detailed; they just need to show principle elevations and a plan showing how the extension will alter the look of the property from (or blend in with) existing.

Building Control drawings for a Full Plans Application need to be far more detailed and need to show exactly how the extension will be built to comply with current regulations. Some builders will work from basic drawings without full plans approval, although you need to be sure that they have good knowledge of the regs in this instance.

Where will the toilet be and what size are you planning? You might not need planning permission anyway...

Many thanks for your interest. The new toilet will be built onto the gable of my house. area approx 12 sq metres.at ground level. it will include new back door to property.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back