Drayton Tempus 7 problem and possible replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a really old Drayton Tempus Seven programable timer for our central heating system that seems to be on its way out. - It's the brown version that must be from the 80's or even earlier.

When selecting 'once a day' for hot water it just stays on, while selecting twice works fine. The heating side of things works fine at the moment.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for that - if not, whats the best modern replacement for it and a new room stat? I think the standard cable colours have changed since this came out so does anyone know how to work out which is which?

I'm pretty good with wiring etc so if it's fairly easy to replace i'll just do that.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Wiring connections have hardly changed since the seventies, so replacement with a modern programmer using a 6 terminal backplate should be straightforward. No wiring changed MAY be necessary....but then I'm not there to confirm that, and there's an assumption of competance on your part.

So to your problem. Set the evening OFF (OFF 2) time to 5 minutes ago. Does the heating turn off now on ONCE? If so there's nothing wrong with it. It is supposed to ignore OFF1 and ON2 when set to once per day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back