Drayton TRV4 Broken Head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know the reason for the valve snapping off? I turned on the radiator for the whole night and realized in the morning that it was broken. Is there a leakage or something else? I'm new to this. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Are you built like Arnold Swazzeneger ? If not the plastic has probably become brittle with age. Picture of the valve would be helpful to determine.

1. I'm seeing more and more of these TRV4's where the rotating head part has separated from the body.
2. The two parts are held together by 4 small indents in the metal of the head which clip into the black plastic body of the valve.
3. It appears to me this is a very weak holding system.
4. TRV4's used to be my favourite TRV on looks and functionality. Not any more.

Anyone know the reason for the valve snapping off? I turned on the radiator for the whole night and realized in the morning that it was broken. Is there a leakage or something else? I'm new to this. Thanks in advance.
The plastic becomes brittle with age and eventually breaks. I have only had a couple of these fail in over 20 years. Repalcement heads are around £18 ea from Screwfix. Check that the pin on the valve body is moving freely before you fit the new head.

Sponsored Links
The ones I'm seeing are not the plastic breaking, its the sleeve you rotate (looks like plated mild steel) separating from the rest of the body. These are the chrome / white plastic versions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back