Drill advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all , i am about to start a load of home improvements and i need a decent drill , i had made my mind up on the bosch gsb 19-2re when i came across a dewalt 3 mode sds + drill which has drill , hammer drill and chiseling all the things that might be needed in doing up a house .
The dewalt is in screwfix for £99 and the bosch is approx £130 but its not sds or chisel , what do you think , cheers howy

Sponsored Links
Sorry don't know how to post link , will have to learn , cheers
The dewalt is in screwfix and the Bosch is on various sites .

howy - It's my opinion that the DIYer should obtain chorded electric tools (not battery powered). A pro is likely to have a collection of various battery powered tackle due to them being maybe lighter, more convenient to use, etc, etc. But a pro is also more likely to have a regimented recharging schedule so his tackle will be ready for use; I'm not sure that the DIYer will do this as his/her use of the tackle is likely to be more occasional. So there's a good chance that when reaching for the drill out of its box you'll discover the battery will be flat.

Chorded + extension lead is the route to go for the DIYer IMO.

Sponsored Links
well a lot of my kit is bosch blue,as said above the invest in corded stuff 1st.
i would say if you are choosing a decent corded drill then go for the 1 that has a chiselling facility,you will be amazed how handy this function is.

Thanks symptoms and gregers , yes your right about corded vs batts those two i am looking at are corded , the only thing i am a bit cagey about is the dewalt looks like a diluted down version for screwfix hence the price . cheers howy

My mate has a 3-function deWalt and does nothing but moan about it. I'm on a blue Bosch (3-function), which is my second (the first topped 20 years of use). I've also had (and liked) a Metabo SDS, although I didn't own it long enough before the "site fairies" spirited it away to become really attached to it. That makes me kind of biased if I recommend Bosch - which I generally do

Makita for drills every time!! Dewalt drills dont last in my experience. Blue bosch are v good too.

as you can see from the replys to your thread,peoples opinions will difer on what tools are the best,this will come done to using other products having problems with them then moving on and trying something different,then when they find something that they are happy with and realiable they stick with that make.we could be here all day discussing which is better or not,
what you the o.p needs to research is what are you going to be doing with it
what potential jobs that may be required for said tool,i:e rotary stop
and how much do you want to invest in said tool.
bear in mind the responses you have here are from tradesmen who use there tools every day.

hilti or makita for me although bosch blue is almost as good.

Just to say thanks to all for input, my choice is going to be Bosch
Gsb 19 2re , I will worry about any chiseling later. Howy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back