Drilling Asterite Sink

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have one of these sinks in a hard white plastic material.

I have a 9mm hole in one corner of the deck, where I previously had a "Telescope" brand detergent pump, fed from a large bottle in the cupboard below. Some clumsy woman broke the old pump, so I have ordered a new Bobrick (American) one. This has a 1-inch deck mounting hole.

I made the old hole with a HSS twist drill; I have not got one big enough for the new hole. I have some some round hole saws intended for ply and chipboard, I might possibly have a masonry drill that big.

Will either of these be suitable? What is the usual tool for drilling this material?

moved to tools

Sponsored Links
Use a holesaw. I expect I'd do it by approaching the surface at an angle with the tube of the saw running against my fingers. If you need to be precise you could screw a bit of wood underneath with fine screws, to give you a good centre for the drill.
Red bit's meant to be the holesaw:
drillsink.gif

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back