DRILLING THROUGH AN EXTERNAL WALL ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what type of drill is best for drilling through an external wall-for running waste to a stack?

Sponsored Links
I always use an appropriately sized core drill and bit for large holes.

ok thanks. is it hard to do? i know when drilling through a normal wall i make a sligh indent with a bradle first so the drill doesn't wobble when first started! any other tips for it? and after inserting the pipe through what sealant/filler is best advised to seal the gap between the pipe and wall??!

Sponsored Links
core drill comes with it's own centre drill.
just use a weather proof silicone. don't over size the hole to much for the pipe

ah, but if you oversize the hole u dont have to chip away brick to get the waste elbow in the wall !

am i overdoing it then with a 127 for a sink waste then ? :LOL:

I always like to see the look on a customers face when I tell them that as I have broken the core drill for a 40mm waste I will have to use this one. Then show them my 150mm one :eek: :LOL:

I just knock four bricks out, but then again a brickie does our patching :LOL: . Winds him right up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back