W/C waste through external brick wall

Just make the hole as neat a fit as you can with a small slope towards the outside to avoid any possibility of water/damp in the cavity running back onto the internal wall. Do you have any other connections into the new stack (basin, shower etc.); BR stipulate minimum distances between connections & opposing connections to avoid cross flow. It’s worth downloading a free copy of Part H from here:
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/professionals/en/1115314110382.html

Marley also have a very good & free design guide on their website but I can't find my link.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Richard,

Have also got a basin waste, but am using a pan connector with boss for that, so only need to get the soil pipe out.

WHY is nothing ever straight forward?

Some time ago builders had put in a new run to the main drain to take the new cloakroom waste, and left a small stub stack in place.

My problem is that the only place I can drill the hole, the new soil pipe will come through the wall so that the left side of the soil pipe will be just touching the right side of the stench/soil pipe.......How in the name of God will I get a tee on the stench pipe and then turn the soil from the WC into the tee?

I MIGHT be able to move the WC soil that I could take it straight into the stench pipe, the only problem there would be that the stench pipe has been laid so close to the wall I would have to chisel out the brick to take the tee into the wall. Assume BC would not like the connection buried a bit in the wall????

Hope this makes at least some sense?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back