W/C waste through external brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Need to take a W/C waste pipe out through external brick wall to outside soil stack.

Any tips on drilling, what type of kit to use etc?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Rent a core drill from your local hire shop. Make sure the drill that is supplied has a decent clutch on it - if it doesn't and you are not carefull you can injure your wrists!!

I have a dewalt SDS drill, that has a normal drill setting, can I just rent a core bit for this drill?

I would have thought so.

Just take care when drilling that you don't break your wrists!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Seen them lock up and spin a grown man over the top of it and six feet up a corridor, now that was funny he didn`t think so though :LOL:
As breesey says be careful make sure drill has a clutch

stitch drill it by making a series of holes with a small drill bit then break the hole out. not as neat but will save you hiring out.

Shame you did not have in on video, would have been a massive hit on YouTube :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the advice

stitch drill is not a bad idea, have a chisel on the SDS so could use this after making the circle.

the core drill is extremely neat, and not expensive to hire. Do any other holes (extractors, tumble driers, cooker hoods, waste pipes) on the same day to avoid hiring it again later.

And then go round all the neighbours and "sell" holes for a fiver till you've covered the cost of hire :D

It's definitly worth hiring though. £30 should do it, unless you are on a gnat's budget of course.

Thanks guys, next question, will be using a 90 pan connector through W/C out through wall, which is only about a foot away, and into soil stack.

the soil stack is going in new, (BC are aware etc......) assume I just extend the 90 degree with waste pipe, through the wall and into the new boss? Do I need to solvent weld waste into boss?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Any advice on my last post in this topic? Need to work out how to connect to soil stack! Have purchased the adapter to fit the soil stack, does this need to solvent weldd in and does the extension from the WC need to be solvent?

Many thanks

what sort of adaptor have you bought?

Assuming your new waste pipe is 4" plastic soil?

In that case you need to fit a 4" tee to the existing stack- choice of pushfit or solvent weld.

Thanks Steady, sorry meant to say "need to buy" not "have bought"

Yep 4" soil in place.

So assume I just cut a section out for the tee to go in, take some 4" soil through the wall and connect straight into the 90 pan connector?

Is there any regs on the size the hole needs to be? Assume large enough to get the soil through then render in it to fill the gaps?

Thanks for your advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back