Dripping shower head, but only immediately after running...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon all,
I am running a shower off a combi boiler, which has worked fine for years. After recently removing the shower head to clear out some limescale deposits, upon refixing it, i find that in the seconds after switching the shower tap off, i get a minute or so of slow, and very annoying dribbling. After a few seconds (20-30?), it stops dripping.
I can't understand the physics of what's happening here, but there must be a way of stopping this from happening. The water must somehow get caught up in the shower head under some sort of vacuum, that is only released once there is no more water coming through.... but i can't see how it is any different from how i had the shower head arranged previously. I attach a photo - not much to see... it looks precisely as it did before!
If there is anything else i can add to my predicament to assist with its resolving, please let me know.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice anyone can give.

Attachments

• 20220207_134646.jpg
    20220207_134646.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Not unusual mine does it from time to time. I sorted out by walking away and closing the door.;)(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back