Dripping tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I hope someone can help!!!

I have this tap (link below) and it has dripped since being installed but is now near pouring so having to turn the water off for the most part, I can't seem to find washers or how it comes apart to find out what is wrong, I can not find the number of the chap that installed it to get him to sort it out.

http://www.howdens.com/kitchen-coll...amona-chrome-professional-style-monobloc-tap/

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
HI I hope someone can help!!!

I have this tap (link below) and it has dripped since being installed but is now near pouring so having to turn the water off for the most part, I can't seem to find washers or how it comes apart to find out what is wrong, I can not find the number of the chap that installed it to get him to sort it out.

http://www.howdens.com/kitchen-coll...amona-chrome-professional-style-monobloc-tap/

Many thanks

Well it doesn't have "washers" as such as it is a 1/4 turn ceramic valve. Probably unscrew the outer horizontal sleeves, and unscrew the valves and replace, after turning the water off first of course!!

Thank you for your reply, by outer sleeves do you mean the bits under where you turn tap on? Do I need to replace both valves?

Thanks again :confused:

If you have isolation valves to the hot and cold turn one off at a time and see which one stops the dripping.
I think you might have to remove the stalk handles to enable you to strip down the tap, not sure on that one.
But as already said they will be ceramic discs.

Sponsored Links
This bit as a bit of a guess. Try to ascertain whether it is dripping hot or cold, that should guide you as to which valve is leaking. Could of course be the other side !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back