Dripping toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just had a new toilet fitted and can't stop the fill valve from dripping. I've even gone out and bought a new one.. The drip comes from the fill tap and also occasionally from the valve itself (the thing that houses the washer and screws to the ball arm).. Have checked its not cross threaded.
To add, when I turn off basin tap there is a small burst of water from the fill tap in toilet.
Please help!

Sponsored Links
Hi,
by fill tap I mean the thing the water comes out of.. And the valve is the type with a ball float on.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you'd like to consider replacing yours with a Torbeck valve? Compact and quiet, it comes with pressure reducing fittings. John :)

hi,
thanks for the suggestion.. could you post a link to the right one as there seems to be quite a few! tried a fluidmaster 400 valve but had to take it back as my cistern is a bit cramped.

Please forgive my inability to post images, but look at Toolstation number 32033 for bottom entry valve, or 42876 side inlet type. Cheers John :)

great thanks.. do you know if it comes with longer arms for the ball? am concerned the syphon will be in the way

The beauty about these things is that there is no ball, and therefore you won't get a smaller fitting! The 'ball' is actually shaped like a tiny upturned bucket which traps the air and closes the flow off. Armitage do a similar type. They come complete with 3 pressure restrictors, too - an excellent product. Even the shut off washer is simple to replace. Cheers John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back